Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Book Review: Dinosaurs Stars of the Show

Dinosaurs: Stars of the Show written by Amie Zordel and illustrated by Joanna Borrero is a must have for your children's book collection. I have a dinosaur lover in our family and I grow weary of the heavy evolutionary material constantly presented through other dinosaur books.

This book was a breath of fresh air as it presented truth based on the Bible. I love the example of the little girl in the book that when she questions something she runs straight to the Bible as an authority instead of the internet or library. It is a great book to use as a unit for homeschool study as well. (for preschool, kindergarten)

My children have enjoyed this book and we have had great discussions from reading it together. It is important for me to teach my children how to think and be able to figure out what is true and what to measure truth by and this book is going to be a great tool in teaching them.

The illustrations in this book are so colorful and inviting. I adored the artwork. I also enjoyed the rhyming story. (it makes it more fun for me to read)
Overall, I would recommend this book as a "must have" for any parent who wants their child to learn early what truth is and where it comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment