Monday, June 28, 2010

Sidetracked

Our Little Bub loves trucks and tractors.  He would be smiling but its like 13 degrees out :(

Sidetracked.......that is what my life has been for alittle bit.  The traditional diet has stabilized to a norm around our home so I have completely forgotten to continue to share some of the fun things we are doing as a result of the switch to nutrient dense foods.

Herdshare......we now drink raw milk from a real farm that we can visit.....they give our animals a good, normal life .....we also get coconut oil, real salt, beef, chicken, yogurt, cream (to make my own butter) and fruit when in season.

CSA.....we have joined another farm that provides us with our veggies for the summer.....the great kicker is that EVERYTHING is organic!!  It's really fun to drive there and pick up our share of crops and to support another family

Organic Food Coop.....my friend runs a local food coop that picks up about 2 minutes from my home....huge blessing....I can get everything from them but I usually stick with nuts and dried fruit and some other miscellanous things.

Bee Farm.....we get all our honey from a local bee farm 15 minutes away....we are planning a field trip there soon to learn more about bees.

Farmers Market.......this is where I get the remainder of my fruit and more veggies to ferment :)......I also get my raw milk, grassfed cheese here!

Fermenting....probiotics in a capsule???...NOPE....we make our own in our Pickl-its (check out a pickl-it http://www.pickl-it.com)%20.....yummy/  yummy kefir!!

Dehydrating....doing lots and lots of that right now....getting ready to go on vacation and I am trying to make traveling snacks....graham crackers, herb crackers, chicken jerky, hamburger jerky, butterfinger bites, fruit roll-ups....

Lots of adventure to our week and I would not have it any other way.  The Lord has been so good to provide so many blessings for us and I am so grateful.  He is always working on me in one way or another and typically never lets me rest in between teaching times.  I just started to get comfortable with all the food changes and now He has pulled another whopper on me....its big (for me at least) and it is for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment