Monday, March 29, 2010

Book Review: Dinosaurs for Kids


Dinosaurs for Kids by Ken Ham is by far my favorite dinosaur book I have come across in the two years my little boy has been interested in them.  I enjoyed the illustrations throughout the book.  I was most impressed with the high quality information presented, in 64 colorful pages, that you do not get from other dinosaur books.

Ham focuses on the Seven Ages of dinosaurs: Formed, Fearless, Fallen, Flood, Faded, Found and Fiction.  Each section focuses on information about dinosaurs based on God's Word.  Ham consistently draws the reader back into Scripture.   I appreciate that he states facts based on the Bible and says that some things about dinosaurs are truly uncertain.  I have never heard other authors state that many things about dinosaurs are still a mystery.  Many books will tell you everything about them like it is fact, where in fact, it is just an educated guess or fiction.

I have really enjoyed reading this book to help answer some of the harder questions about dinosaurs and also finding out that the discovery of dinosaurs is still very young and scientists still do not know very much about this amazing creature.  I love being able to incorporate God's Word into teaching my little ones about every aspect of life....including my son's beloved dinosaurs.

I would recommend this book as  a "must have" for your library especially if you have a dinosaur lover.  This book gives you a great picture of dinosaurs on the whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment