Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Struggle

For many reason this verse continues to come to my mind through these past few weeks.  It has continued to remind me to pray more and not think the world is out to get me.

 


This picture of Big Bub reminds me of the latter part of this verse...to continue to put on the armor of God and to know His Word so we can stand up for the truth and beat down lies.

The Armor of God
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes....13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
 
Keep the faith, God is still on the throne in the midst of all the chaos, loss and confusion on this earth.  I have just finished the Chronicles of Narnia series and it has helped me long for the great Home that the Lord has prepared for those who believe in His Son Jesus Christ.



2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just downloaded a bunch of bible studies from Kyria.com, purchased a few good ones. I can share them with you, if you'd like. They can also be used at churches and in bible study groups, so they might be good reading/learning materials. Let me know if you are interested. Email me brandihamerstone@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate you writting this blog. i think that you can never be reminded enough that the enemy is not only out there but seeking to destroy us.
    1 peter5:8
    By the way i love the picture!

    ReplyDelete