Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Simplfying the Home: Measuring Spoons

I have been on a kick of simplfying our home lately.  I really have wanted to spend more time with kids than taking care of the 'stuff' in our home, which seemed like it consumed all of my day.  God has answered some of my prayers and I wanted to share some of the simplfying ideas that we do in our home.   My hope is that they may help you too!

Measuring Spoons/Cups
I love to cook everything from scratch....bread, cookies, cakes, skillet dinners, casseroles, salad dressing, you name it!  I use measuring cups and spoons daily and get so frustrated by looking through the drawers for the right one.  I decided to ask my handy dandy hubby to build an idea I had in my head that would help eliminate my frustration and encourage my homemade cooking.  I have to admit....I am lazy.  I like things to be convienent for use right away.  That is why this little addition to my kitchen will enhance my cooking experience even more everyday.  I now know exactly where each cup and spoon is at all times.




I just had Big Daddy B cut a piece of wood and hammer little nails into it.  He secured it to the wall with screws and " Voila! " it was done.


3 comments:

  1. love it! As always, the husband and I LONG for brother B to do handy jobs for us with each move. If I had a nickel for everytime I said, "If only my brother lived nearby."

    (sniff.sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the measuring spoon and cup idea. Plus it looks cool in the kitchen! You are a great homemaker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
    A soup spoons is a type of spoon with a large or rounded bowl, used for eating soup.

    ReplyDelete