Thursday, November 12, 2009

Project Dining Room Part 3: It's Done!

    After a five day long adventure....it's done.  The hardwood floor fits in so nicely that it seems like its always been here.  This has been such a dream of mine for years now and I can't believe its actually done.  Here are couple of in process pictures.  Tim Blythe, owner of Blythe Construction, was so kind to lend Big Daddy some tools and give us some good advice that helped us make some good decisions with this project.

We even did school among the chaos.  Big Daddy teaches the kiddos history on Saturdays.  What???  School on Saturday??? Yes, by request of the kiddos themselves.  They love to learn and we take every opportunity keep teaching them.



     Slowly but surely, I am learning that there is no such thing as a simple home project.  Upon starting this one, I said to Big Daddy, "All you have to do is rip up the carpet and put the new floor done.  That should take only a couple of hours, right???"  As I look back on my question to my husband I laugh at how silly it was.  Rip up the carpet and put the new floor down were on the list but there were about 50 other things that accompanied them. "All he has to do is just...." is a statement that comes into my mind frequently when I want to do some new project in our home. It is not simple and now I know exactly why contractors charge a good fee for their labor...its really hard work and takes alot of time.  With all that said, project hallway is starting soon :)  Extra back rubs, Glenn Beck updates and black coffee for Big Daddy!!

This is our first dinner "on the new road" (its a little one liner from the movie Cars and it has been our little throughout the project.  My favorite thing said through the project...
Big Daddy:  Hey B!  It looks like the shoemold was originally pink.
Laney:  Hey Daddy, who is Mrs. Shoemold?
For some reason, it cracks me up!


3 comments:

  1. Wow - it looks great! Excellent work, Big Daddy. I often find myself of the same mind as you when we're looking at houses (or even doing projects around here)... "all we have to do is..." Maybe that's why my husband is reluctant! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very impressive! And I love how I can see you in the mirror in the "final" picture! :)

    ReplyDelete